Provence Villa Rental Caromb France The Olive Garden
The Olive Garden
~ For the holiday you never want to forget ~
A large wooden door opens up into the enclosed garden and terraced area, with vines that cascade over a pergola and a host of olive trees, from which the house derives its name.
A side entrance door leads into the kitchen where windows create a wall that frames the garden beautifully, bringing light and a sense of the outdoors into the interior. This theme of light opening up in to the house from the outside sits within all the rooms at The Olive Garden, with french doors and intimate terraces and balconies giving the house its magical quality.
The kitchen is fully equipped with a large gas range oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and of course, a coffee machine! Within the same open space is a dining table seating 10 people, enabling everyone to socialize together along side the chef.
The lounge leads off the kitchen with 3 sets of french doors leading out to the pool area and onto a secluded balcony terrace, strewn with roses and vines; an intimate setting for aperitifs or morning coffee. There is a beautiful wood burner in the fireplace for winter visits to Provence, very warm and cosy and atmospheric.
Personally managed by its owners, Audrey and Peter Jakobsen, The Olive Garden is your home away from home in Provence.
Family friendly and specifically designed to welcome cycling groups, we invite people to experience this beautiful property in an amazing part of the world.
Bedrooms: 4 doubles and 1 twin
Bathrooms: 3 bathrooms
- Bedroom 1: On the ground floor is a double bedroom with large queen (160cm x 200cm) bed and french doors leading out to the pool area.
- Bathroom 1: is ensuite to bedroom 1 with walk in tiled shower, wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 2: There is another ground floor double bedroom with king size (200cm x 200cm) bed and double doors leading out into the main garden.
- Bathroom 2: The central hallway houses an additional bathroom with walk in tiled shower, wash basin and w.c.
- Bedroom 3: Upstairs is a bedroom with large queen (160cm x 200cm) bed and beautiful Romeo and Juliet balcony overlooking the garden below. Anther intimate space to share and enjoy.
- Bedroom 4 and 5: There is a double bedroom with a decorative double (140cm x 190cm) sleigh bed and a further 5th bedroom with 2 single beds.
The first floor houses a family bathroom with a bath, W.C. and wash basin.
Need space for fewer people?
View our other property, The Willow Tree apartment (which sleeps 4 people), about 40 minutes away in Le Thor.
Browse through the photos of the spacious rooms at The Olive Garden.
The pool area leads directly off the main lounge for easy access. It has pool lights to create an atmospheric effect at night. There is a BBQ area and abri for shade along with a fridge for storing additional drinks. There are several sun loungers with cushions and chairs and tables for eating alfresco.
A few steps down from the walled in pool area is the garden, fully enclosed and hosting a variety of fruit trees and olive trees. It is very safe and picturesque with another large eating terrace and BBQ.
The village of Caromb is a pleasant 10 minute walk down a quiet residential road. It is old and full of character, a medieval french town, with a central church and a winding labrynth of cobbled streets, archways and staircases to keep you guessing where the various bakeries are hidden. There is a fresh food market on a Tuesday, a variety of cafes and restaurants including a newly opened haute cuisine restaurant and trendy wine bar!
Caromb is one of a handful of beautiful hilltop villages that lie in the foothills of Mont Ventoux. It is an exquisite area of Provence, filled with character and charm. There are many walks that lead straight from the house into National Forest and the larger towns of Carpentras and Avignon are within easy reach.
Rental of Bikes and Other Services:
We have a variety of road bikes that can be rented at the house. We can also provide guided tours. Please ask for more details.
If you would like information on other services that can be used during your stay, please ask for more details. For example:
- Chef a Domicile
- Cookery lessons
- Historical tours of the region
- Pre booked restaurant recommendations
- Taxi services