1) The accommodation known as The Villa (the “Property”) is offered for holiday rental subject to confirmation by Audrey Jakobsen (the “Owner”) to the renter (the “Client”).
2) To reserve the property the Client should complete and sign the Booking Form and return it together with payment of the initial non-refundable deposit (50% of the total rent due).
3) Following receipt of the Booking Form, the Owner will send a confirmation e-mail and statement. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
4) A further 50% payment will be required 8 WEEKS PRIOR TO THE STATRT OF YOUR HOLIDAY RENTAL. This time will be itemized on invoices sent to the Client.
5) Please note that any banking charges incurred during financial transactions will be charged back to the Client in the final invoice.
6) The balance of the rent together with the Security Deposit (see Clause 8) is payable not less than 8 weeks prior to the start of the rental period. If payment is not received before the due date, the Owner reserves the right to give notice in writing that the reservation is cancelled. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of making a booking.
7) Any chargeable expenses arising during the rental period should be settled at the time of usage with the Owner.
8) A Security Deposit of 350€ is required in case of, for example, damage to the property or its contents. However, the sum received by this clause shall not limit the Clients liability to the Owner. The Owner will account to the Client for the Security Deposit and refund the balance due within two weeks after the end of the rental period.
9) Subject to Clause 2&3 above, in the event of non-insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owner is able to re-let the Property and any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal belongings, health etc, since these are not covered by the Owner’s insurance.
10) The rental period shall commence at 5pm on the first day and finish at 10am on the last day. The Owner shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client shall not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated.
11) The maximum number to reside in the property shall not exceed 10 unless the Owner has given written permission.
12) The apartment at The Apple Orchard will remain unoccupied during the term of the rental. However, the Owner reserves the right to use the unoccupied apartment at their own discretion, for minimal caretaking purposes or in the case of an emergency.
13) The Client has exclusive use of the main garden, pool and driveway at all times.
14) The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the property and to leave it in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. The Owner reserves the right to make a deduction from the Security Deposit to cover additional cleaning costs if the Client leaves the Property in an unacceptable condition. The Client also agrees not to act in any way which would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
15) The Utilities are to be paid by The Owner during the period of the tenancy. Utilities include electricity, fuel and water, Tax Fonciere and Wifi.
16) The Client shall report to the Owner without delay any defects in the Property or breakdown in the equipment, plant machinery or appliances in the Property, garden or swimming pool, and arrangements for repair and/or replacement will be made as soon as possible.
17) The Owner shall not be liable to the Client for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the Property, not in respect of any equipment, plant machinery or appliance in the Property, garden or swimming pool. For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owner.
18) For any loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the Property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owner shall, within 7 days of notification to the Client, refund to the Client all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
19) Under no circumstances shall the Owner’s liability to the Client exceed the amount paid to the Owner for the rental period.
20) This contract shall be governed by English Law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in England. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent juristriction in England. Please note that these booking conditions will be included on our confirmation invoice/statement.